Adding Bend to Grace Note

glolo3
Hi,

After year of use of Guitar Pro I decide to go to Sibelius. I'm currently working on making  it more "user friendly" for tablature input. One of the things I would like to do is simplify the bend from grace note creation. So I tried this (and many other options) but I couldn't make it work. The bend line seems always to be "anchored" to the following regular
acciaccatura = noteRest.AddAcciaccaturaBefore (currentNote.Pitch, 128, False, 1 /* TODO Get Voice*/, currentNote.DiatonicPitch, currentNote.StringNum);
bar.AddLine (acciaccatura.Position, 0, "line.staff.bend");
Does someone could help me with this?

Regards,
Laurent.

Re: Adding Bend to Grace Note

Bob Zawalich
The problem with grace notes is that their position is the same as the
noterest to which they are attached - they are differentiated only by the Dx
value.

I remember having lots of issues with grace notes when I wrote Line Between
Notes.

You should at least try setting the Dx of your created line to match
acciaccatura.Dx. That may be enough.

Good luck!

I have some tab plugins in the Guitar category you might want to have a look
at. There are definitely some issues.

Re: Adding Bend to Grace Note

glolo3
Hi Bob,
Thank you very much for your answer. I tried to set the Dx and it's better. The bend is now "graphically" on the right position. But it still doesn't "anchored" to the grace note so it does not display the right semi tone value and does not hide the main note as a bend line created with Sibelius would. Any additional thing I could try?
I gave a look into the existing scripts and see that most are yours. So I guess if you can't give me the answer probably no one else can..
Regards,
Laurent.

The problem with grace notes is that their position is the same as the
noterest to which they are attached - they are differentiated only by the Dx
value.

I remember having lots of issues with grace notes when I wrote Line Between
Notes.

You should at least try setting the Dx of your created line to match
acciaccatura.Dx. That may be enough.

Good luck!

I have some tab plugins in the Guitar category you might want to have a look
at. There are definitely some issues.

After year of use of Guitar Pro I decide to go to Sibelius. I'm currently
working on makingĀ  it more "user friendly" for tablature input. One of the
things I would like to do is simplify the bend from grace note creation. So
I tried this (and many other options) but I couldn't make it work. The bend
line seems always to be "anchored" to the following regular
acciaccatura = noteRest.AddAcciaccaturaBefore (currentNote.Pitch, 128,
False, 1 /* TODO Get Voice*/, currentNote.DiatonicPitch,
currentNote.StringNum);
bar.AddLine (acciaccatura.Position, 0, "line.staff.bend");
Does someone could help me with this?

Regards,
Laurent.

end-to-Grace-Note-tp7573121.html
Sent from the Sibelius ManuScript plug-in developers mailing list archive at
Nabble.com.