Combining Measures

Martin Marris
I just had this request from a customer :

"Please convert the alternating 2/4-3/8 measures to 7/8 measures."

Not sure whether there is a plugin for that, but thought I would ask!

Martin

Re: Combining Measures

Martin Marris
I found a solution. The original file I am working on is in Finale, and we
convert those to Sibelius, as part of our procedure.

However in *Finale* you can highlight the measures you want to merge and do
this:

Plugins => Measures => Merge Measures

It is working well. So we will do that prior to converting the file to
Sibelius.

I'm still curious about whether there is a Sibelius method to do this....

Martin

Re: Combining Measures

No need for a plugin really.

1. If there are time signatures in the bars to combine, delete them. You can
filter them using Filter Other.
2. Make sure you have an explicit TS at the end of the range of bars
3. Add a 7/8 time signature to the first bar and tell it to rewrite the
bars.

That should do it.

Re: Combining Measures

In addition to my previous suggestion, Home > Join Bars (the Merge Bars
plugin) will merge selected bars into a single bar. You would need to run it
multiple times, though, so I would just use the Time Signature trick to do
them all at once.