Do any of you write custom plugins for hire?

Do any of you write custom plugins for hire?

Bob Zawalich
I occasionally get requests to write custom plugins for people, and I
usually turn them down.

I find that for me it is hard to engage in the process of writing plugins
for pay and have the project stay within either time or money budgets, and
usually no one in the process ends up being happy with things, so other than
well controlled projects that I can accomplish in one or two days, I turn
down most requests.

Nevertheless, people want custom plugins and when I get involved it is
usually because I see the value of having a plugin cut down the amount of
repetitive work and let people get on with their music, and I think that is
a valuable thing.

So people then ask if I know anyone else who can write plugins, and I really
don't. I suggest to people that they look at the names of people who have
contributed plugins to the download page, or people whose plugins ship with
Sibelius, because this demonstrates that they can actually write a working
plugin in Manuscript, which is really not an easy feat.

But there may be other people out there who write plugins for their own use
or for pay, and I just don't know about it.

So I would like to know if there are any of you out there who are
interesting in writing custom plugins and have some way of showing that they
can successfully accomplish writing them.

If you are interested please respond here, with contact information and some
background information, or send me email. I will try to put a list together
if there are any responses, and we can publish it on this list, and/or put
it up on the tech forum, or maybe get the Sibelius Blog to publish it.

Thanks

Re: Do any of you write custom plugins for hire?

musictranscriber
Hi Bob,
   I do a lot of this work for publishers and composers. If you ever need to send anyone my way, feel free :) As for showing I can accomplish writing them, I can put you in touch with all of the publishers I have custom developed for, as well as list the plugins that are released or bought by Sibelius. Thanks Bob!

Regards,
  The Music Transcriber
  Roman Molino Dunn
  http://www.themusictranscriber.com
  http://www.mirrortone.com
  @musictranscribe
  @mirrortonemusic

On Aug 22, 2015, at 12:28 PM, Bob Zawalich <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Ed Hirschman
Hi Bob,

I believe Roman is available to write plug-ins for hire, though I don't know if he frequents this mail list.

Regards,

Ed

On Sat, Aug 22, 2015 at 12:28 PM, Bob Zawalich <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Phil Shaw

I'll take the liberty of replying to this note with a plug-in that I'd like to pay someone to write.
Actually not a full plug-in, but a modification of the current REALIZE CHORD SYMBOLS plugin.

The mod would be as follows:

--------------
1)  If there is no current (piano or guitar) staff  named RRR, then  create a staff and name it RRR.
    The choice of piano or guitar is determined by  the "New Instrument" selection on the current
    REALIZE CHORD SYMBOLS menu.

2)  Generate the accompaniment for the selected bars in staff RRR.  If (e.g.) bars 20-50 are selected,
    then replace bars 20-50 of staff RRR with the newly generated accompaniment, and leave other
    bars of RRR unchanged.
-----------

REASON FOR THE MOD:  I write lengthy musical theater piecesand use REALIZE heavily
to get a feel for the piece as I'm writing the vocal parts and before I write the piano part.
I  often use REALIZE to generate different styles of accompaniment in different sections of the piece,
and merge them into one work-staff.  The above mod will let me update this work-staff with one click,
instead of several steps.

So, I'd be happy to pay, say, $200 for a version of REALIZE CHORD SYMBOLS with this mod.

Depending on how REALIZE is organized currently, the mod might be doable in 5 minutes or so.
I'll still be happy to pay the $200.

Any interest in doing this?

Thanks,

Phil Shaw - Email: [hidden email] - URL: philshaw.com