Enharmonics

Martin Marris

I don’t suppose there’s any way ManuScript can:

--tell you when a user has flipped the enharmonic spelling of a not?

--change that spelling using ManuScript)?

(A search of the docs wasn’t fruitful on this point.)

Martin

Re: Enharmonics

Alexander Plötz
I suspect that, internally, Sibelius does the same thing to respell a note that you would have to do in ManuScript: adding a new note with the desired spelling, copying all relevant properties to the new note, deleting the original one.

From this follows that there is no "knowing" whether a note has been respelled (except, in a way, in the undo stack, or if the respelling happened during the current run of the plug-in), since with every respelling the original note pops out of existance.

Alex

Re: Enharmonics

Martin Marris

Ok I solved it.

--Open original version and store each note in an array.

--Open human-edited version and store each note in another array.

Compare the two arrays to see if note.Accidental matches, for each note. When it doesn’t match, the human editor has flipped the enharmonic.

Martin

Re: Enharmonics

Bob Zawalich

Yeah, you could do that as long as you have an earlier score to compare to. A bit tedious but likely the only way to do it.