Magnetic Lines/slides in Manuscript (Sibelius 8.6+)

Magnetic Lines/slides in Manuscript (Sibelius 8.6+)

Alexis Baskind
Dear all,

I am trying to deal with magnetic slides in Manuscript, and in particular, I
would like to be able to read the position of the end of the line:
    . time position (as equivalent of EndBarNumber and EndPosition from the
old system)
    . vertical position of the right-hand side of the line or even better, a
pointer to the note to which the line is being attached on the right-hand
side

As far as I can see from the new version of the Manuscript Language
reference, only two new variables are available as field of the "Note"
object to which the line is attached on the left-hand side: "Slide" is a
boolean that says if a slide is attached or not to the note, and
"SlideStyleId" is the slide type (straight, wavy, portamento, etc...).

Can someone tell me if the information I'm looking for is available or not
in Manuscript?

All the best,

Alexis

--
Sent from: http://sibelius-manuscript-plug-in-developers.3224780.n2.nabble.com/

Re: Magnetic Lines/slides in Manuscript (Sibelius 8.6+)

Bob Zawalich-3
The short answer is no there is nothing else available.

Magnetic glisses are extensions of the note.slide property. They are not separate objects and are not lines.  So you cannot get Dx or Dy or know the end bar, for example.

I asked for ways to get these properties when the feature was in development but plugins are very low on the priority list. The only reason the style is accessible is that not having it would break a number of shipping plugins.

You could request this on Ideascale but don’t hold your breath.

If you need to position glisses I suggest using normal Line objects as Line Between Notes still does.

I have a plugin that replaces non magnetic glisses with magnetic ones and it just deletes the Line and adds a slide with an appropriate style, losing any positioning.

Fortunately magnetic glisses position themselves pretty well.

Bob

> On Oct 13, 2017, at 4:49 AM, Alexis Baskind <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Dear all,
>
> I am trying to deal with magnetic slides in Manuscript, and in particular, I
> would like to be able to read the position of the end of the line:
>    . time position (as equivalent of EndBarNumber and EndPosition from the
> old system)
>    . vertical position of the right-hand side of the line or even better, a
> pointer to the note to which the line is being attached on the right-hand
> side
>
> As far as I can see from the new version of the Manuscript Language
> reference, only two new variables are available as field of the "Note"
> object to which the line is attached on the left-hand side: "Slide" is a
> boolean that says if a slide is attached or not to the note, and
> "SlideStyleId" is the slide type (straight, wavy, portamento, etc...).
>
> Can someone tell me if the information I'm looking for is available or not
> in Manuscript?
>
> All the best,
>
> Alexis
>

> --
> Sent from: http://sibelius-manuscript-plug-in-developers.3224780.n2.nabble.com/

Re: Magnetic Lines/slides in Manuscript (Sibelius 8.6+)

Alexis Baskind
Dear Bob,

this is what I was afraid of. It's always very frustrating with Sibelius
that many features of the Manuscript API are not up-to-date regarding the
new features in the software itself. Anyway, I guess your solution
(replacing those lines with the old magnetic ones) is the best one (at least
there seems to be one solution), thanks you for the tip.

All the best,

Alexis