PLUGIN-DEV: Bends

Ian Cox
Hi everyone,

This my first post to this group so I wanted to say hi first. I am new
to Sibelius plug-in development.

My question is around bends as commonly found in guitar tab. Is it
possible to identify bends using Manuscript? I can't find anywhere in
the documentation that indicates it is possible.

Best Regards
Ian

--
Ian Cox
Technical Director

Winner - Best New Business
2008 North & West London Business Awards

http://www.releaseconsulting.co.uk
Tel:             +44 (0) 20 7384 6455
Mob:           +44 (0) 776 4497023

RE: PLUGIN-DEV: Bends

Bob Zawalich
bends are staff lines.

Lines are a bit weird to process because there is not a single "Line" object
type. There is an object type called "Line" but it is only the straight
line.

You can use the object IsALine  property, which aggregates all the "lines",
as in

for each obj in score.Selection
{
        if (obj.IsALine)
        {
                ProcessLine(score, obj);

In the case of bends, you can either do as above, and then look at the
StyleId fields, which will be :

"line.staff.bend"

or you can look for the object type directly if you know it. In this case
the type is "Bend", which I discovered by writing a plugin that displays the
types of objects. You can look for these object types more directly

for each Bend obj in score.Selection
{
        ProcessLine(score, obj);
}

but if you want to also look at other lines, like the Hold line, which
happens to have the object type "Line" and styleId "line.staff.bend.hold", I
suggest doing the IsALine thing and then differentiating based on the style
id. It is generally simpler and less fiddly.

Hope this helps