PLUGIN-DEV: Convert MIDI tempo to Metronome mark

PLUGIN-DEV: Convert MIDI tempo to Metronome mark

ddjack59
Hey, guru's of Sib plugins:

Is there a plugin for reading the MIDI tempo markings and then converting to the Sibelius Metronome mark?
I'm importing quite a few MIDI files and although Sib6 is reading tempos fine all the MIDI tempos are hidden MIDI text objects (with the ~[quarter note]=128.00035).  I'd like to have metronome marks that I can then delete/modifiy.

Regards,
--Doug

RE: PLUGIN-DEV: Convert MIDI tempo to Metronome mark

Bob Zawalich
It sounds to me as if Sibelius *is* converting midi tempo markings to
metronome marks. They just happen to be hidden with leading ~.
(hidden MIDI text objects (with the ~[quarter note]=128.00035)

So you might be able to filter text that starts with ~, or ~q and delete the
~. Then you will have q = 128.00035, which is a fine metronome mark, if a
bit high on the number of digits.

There is a new plugin on the download page called something like Round
metronome Mark, which takes marks like q = 128.00035 and  makes a test
object  that looks like
q=128~q = 128.00035.  So it presents a rounded mm for printing, but plays
back with all the decimal places.

As I recall it will not change already hidden mms so you still have to
unhide them.

RE: PLUGIN-DEV: Convert MIDI tempo to Metronome mark

Hans Höglund
Bob Zawalich wrote
As I recall it will not change already hidden mms so you still have to
unhide them.
You can also try a combination of Find and replace text (to get rid of the tildes) and Filter selection (to unhide). If it does not work, it might be possible to knock up a plugin that will do this too.

RE: PLUGIN-DEV: Convert MIDI tempo to Metronome mark

ddjack59
Bob/Hans,

Thanks for the replies.

Hmm, so all I should have to do is remove the "~", that sounds easy enough...
I'll give it a go.

--Doug