PLUGIN-DEV: Ctrl + L vs ' text.staff.space.hypen.lyrics.verse1 '

PLUGIN-DEV: Ctrl + L vs ' text.staff.space.hypen.lyrics.verse1 '

Joshua Champagne
Is there a difference between the two?

When I add text manually using Ctrl + L (for Lyric 1) it automatically aligns under the note selected, then the next note, etc. However when I add text using AddText(pos,text,style[,
voicenum]) the text aligns underneath the front side of the note, not the center like Ctrl + L. I did find a work around by going into House Style > Edit Text Style selecting Lyric 1 (Ctrl+L), then under Horizontal Positions , then selecting Left under the Align to Note. This fixes all text that was added via AddText, but has no effect on text added via Ctrl + L.

So what's going on here?

Joshua Champagne

RE: PLUGIN-DEV: Ctrl + L vs ' text.staff.space.hypen.lyrics.verse1 '

Neil Sands-2
What happens if you reset positions and designs of the lyrics once the plugin has run? Certainly metronome text gets inserted too high by plugins, and there's nothing you can do about it  by editing the score's house styles.

Neil