PLUGIN-DEV: Hide Empty Staves?

Peter Aschbacher
Hi,

is there a 'Hide Empty Staves' command available? I could not find
anything about it in the ManuScript Language reference.

Kind regards,
Peter Aschbacher

RE: PLUGIN-DEV: Hide Empty Staves?

Bob Zawalich-2
No; this is still inaccessible to ManuScript.

Re: [english 100%] RE: PLUGIN-DEV: Hide Empty Staves?

Peter Aschbacher
Hi Bob,

do you know if there is a technical reason why this command is
unsupported in ManuScript?

Kind regards,
Peter Aschbacher

Bob Zawalich schrieb:

> No; this is still inaccessible to ManuScript.

dspreadbury
Administrator
Peter Aschbacher wrote:
 > do you know if there is a technical reason why this command is
 > unsupported in ManuScript?

No, there's no technical reason (and Bob wouldn't know even if there
were: like you, he is "not affiliated with Sibelius Software").  I'm
afraid we've just not got around to adding this capability to ManuScript
yet.  It would definitely be useful, and it's on the list.

--
Daniel Spreadbury
Senior Product Manager | Sibelius R & D

Avid
Unit 20-23 City North
Fonthill Road
London N4 3HF
United Kingdom
[hidden email]

t +44 (0)20 7561 7915   |  m +44 (0)7990 558997   |  f +44 (0)20 7561 7888

Sibelius is Avid. Learn more at www.avid.com <http://www.avid.com/>

Avid Technology Europe Limited is a limited company registered in
England and Wales. Registered No.: 2670844.
Registered Office: Pinewood Studios, Pinewood Road, Iver Heath, Bucks
SL0 0NH, England

Re: Re: RE: PLUGIN-DEV: Hide Empty Staves?

Peter Aschbacher
Daniel, thank you for the information. I hope it will be implemented soon.

Kind regards,
Peter Aschbacher

Daniel Spreadbury schrieb:
> Peter Aschbacher wrote:
> > do you know if there is a technical reason why this command is
> > unsupported in ManuScript?
>
> No, there's no technical reason (and Bob wouldn't know even if there
> were: like you, he is "not affiliated with Sibelius Software").  I'm
> afraid we've just not got around to adding this capability to
> ManuScript yet.  It would definitely be useful, and it's on the list.

PLUGIN-DEV: New ManuScript stuff in Sib 6.1

I just want to mention that there is a fairly huge amount of useful
improvements to ManuScript in Sib 6.1. If you look in the MS reference at
the end, you can see what's new.

Highlights include new DocumentSetup and Engraving Rules objects. I think
the Doc Setup stuff gives you all the features of the menu. Be careful
though as some fields interact with others. I will try to write up the
details at some point.

Engraving Rules does not include all fields, but it has many useful ones.

There is access to the barline groupings and bracket and braces in a score.

You can add staves above and below another staff, thus creating multi staff
instruments, which is helpful if you are trying to clone a score, and there
is a small staff option useful for ossias.

Dialogs now create their own control IDs so it is easier to enable/disable
controls without worrying about the control order changing; it also lets you
deal with multiple dialogs at the same time.

Group boxes can now be used on the Mac (previously they prevented access to
other controls).

There is again access to set the vertical position for NoteRests.

There is plugin access to Optimize Staff Spacing and Reset Space Around Bar.
Reset Position and Reset Design are available as well.

You can conveniently find the current clef and key signature at a given bar
and position.

Playback line position is much finer grained than in earlier versions.

Anyway, check out the doc. There is a huge increase in the possible power of
plugins because of these changes.

Re: PLUGIN-DEV: New ManuScript stuff in Sib 6.1

Peter Aschbacher
Yes, good news. However, the 'Hide Empty Staves' command seems to be
still unavailable from ManuScript.

Is it now also possible to change the caption of controls like Buttons
or Labels at runtime?

Kind regards,
Peter Aschbacher

RE: PLUGIN-DEV: New ManuScript stuff in Sib 6.1

Bob Zawalich
Hide Empty Staves is still unavailable, I fear.

I have never successfully changed labels at runtime, though one can iterate
through the controls of a dialog and look at the labels. Maybe someone else
has been able to do it.

As far as I know, there has been no change in this in 6.1.