PLUGIN-DEV: Numeric Score

Bob Zawalich-2

Hi  list,

I received a request from someone in China who was interested in being able to convert a conventional musical score to the numeric notation used in China and at least Indonesia (I used to play in a gamelan ensemble and we used that notation).

The attachment shows such a score. I am not sure if he wants the translation to be 2 way.

I have no such plugin; I was just wondering if anyone on the list has one or has done any research toward writing one.

Thanks

bob

Numeric Score.jpg (172K) Download Attachment

RE: PLUGIN-DEV: Numeric Score

Stephen Dydo

I’m also curious to hear if anyone’s done it. I started work on this and then backed off because of the vertical spacing issues. (This is a result of possible chords and possible dots above/below each note.) Although Chinese conservatory musicians are all trained to read Western notation, the ones I’ve worked with are all more reliable in “one-line” notation.

I think that a useful plugin would convert a Western “five-line” score to “one-line”. A two-way translation would involve a new input interface, no?

Cheers,

Stephen

RE: PLUGIN-DEV: Numeric Score

Dubravko Pajalic

Seems to me it is very similar to ABC notation. Is there any plug-in for that? This might be a good starting point.

Dubravko