Plug-in question: can I access the Playback Dictionary?

Plug-in question: can I access the Playback Dictionary?

Tony Freixas

Hi,

Does anyone know if (and how) one can access the Playback Dictionary from a plug-in?

What I would like to write is a plug-in that, among other things, could assign each note a live velocity associated with its current dynamics. As far as I can tell, if you have a score without live velocities, you can add live velocities to all notes, but the velocities assigned will all be the same value.

I could assign velocities by reading the dynamics in the score (as in the CurrentDynamics plug-in). The problem is dynamics-to-velocities mapping is partly in the Playback Dictionary and partly in the algorithms selected in the Performance dialog.

I'm pretty sure I won't get any access to the Performance algorithms from a plug-in. I'm getting the feeling that the Playback Dictionary may also not be accessible. The fallback would be to create my own mini-playback-dictionary. I could make it match the default Playback Dictionary settings for dynamics and perhaps allow my dictionary to be modified by users to keep the two in synch. That seems like a real pain—for the user and for me.

Thanks for any tips.

--
Tony Freixas

Re: Plug-in question: can I access the Playback Dictionary?

Bob Zawalich-3

As far as I know, there is no access to the playback dictionary or  the Performance settings from a plugin. Sorry.

Re: Plug-in question: can I access the Playback Dictionary?

Tony Freixas

Thanks, Bob.

I will have to create some partial duplicate of the Playback Dictionary.

--
Tony Freixas
[hidden email]