Plug in requests

Daniel Baker
Hi,

I am trying to build a plug in that highlights a note head as the play bar passes over it (for educational purposes). For example the note is black, then as the playhead passes over it, it changes colour, then it goes black again as the playhead continues with the piece.

However I’m not a coder. Would anyone know how to do this? Or point me in the right direction? Or be willing to make one for me? Paying gig.

Cheers,
Dan

Re: Plug in requests

Steve
No I don't believe that is possible to have scripting on the fly like that. Probably the best way to do this would be to export the score as a video and then create a highlight in the video editing software which follows the played note.

Re: Plug in requests

Bob Zawalich
I agree if it probably impossible to do this in a plugin. One can start
playback in a plugin and it is possible to ask Sibelius where the playback
line is, but it is not very precise and I think it would be really hard to
do, and possibly impossible.

One can follow the playback line, of course, and you might have a look at
(free) MuseScore 2, which uses a block of color as a playback line, which
tends to be more visible.

I have had good results taking Sibelius files and using the free Dolet 6
plugin from MakeMusic to export as MusicXML, and then read that into
MuseScore 2.

The Sibelius MusicXML export has been much less successful in my experience,
though it is several orders of magnitude faster than Dolet.