Slice Arrays

Martin Marris

There is a neat Method that became available with sparse arrays, and is documented under the SparseArray chapter in the manual.

arrNew = arrOld.Slice(start);

What it does is return a new sparse array containing the old array’s elements beginning at the start position.

But it’s not working for me. I get a message the the method isn’t found.

Is this Method broken? Or am I using it incorrectly (I’ve used exactly the syntax given above).

Re: Slice Arrays

Bob Zawalich

I have never used most of the Sparse Array methods, though I can see the use of it. Sometimes Michael Ost at Avid sees these posts, and he has had access to the code. Maybe he can provide an answer.

Sparse Arrays were added at the last minute to Sib 6 and beta testers did not have much time to try them out.