Transposed KeySignature

STEPHAN Vincent
Hello,

First, thank You for that forum, which is very helpful.

I am looking for a way to determine the current KeySignature in the current
score.
The KeySignature properties only returns number of sharps or flats for
concert score,
but I am looking for the same information for the current dynamic part, so
it can be for transposed instrument.
Do I have to calculate it or is there a tricky way to do it ?

A few years ago, Bob you mentioned you had such a code, did You find it ?
:-)

Thanks in advance.

VinCenT

--
Sent from: http://sibelius-manuscript-plug-in-developers.3224780.n2.nabble.com/

Re: Transposed KeySignature

Bob Zawalich-3
There is a plugin in category Sight Impaired called "Initial Key Signatures
And Clefs".

It has a routine called GetKeySigData which determines if we need a
transposed key signature. If so it calls FillTransposedData.

This is pretty complicated stuff, and I don't remember exactly why I did
what I did, but I do note that the code is used in several plugins so it
probably works. There is likely some scenarios where it does not work, at
least as far as choosing a name is concerned, so  check it carefully. You
can try running Initial Key Signatures And Clefs on some complex scores and
see if it gives you the desired results.

Feel free to use it or modify it, or just look at it to see what it is
doing.

Sorry it is not simpler, but sometimes things are that way. I am sure one
could make it more compact but I probably build it from existing code

Re: Transposed KeySignature

STEPHAN Vincent
Thank You Bob, i will check that point today.

I am a Sibelius user (from France) for about 10 years now and your name has
always been a symbol for me, i am really happy to converse with You. :-) I
am a trumpet player, composer, arranger, once engineer in computer science.

Can I ask You one more question ?

I like "engraving" very much. It seems very important to me to make parts
really easy to understand, for cycles, structures, and music itself. I also
like graphically what a part brings of information and pleasure to play. So
I spend a lot of time doing 'a little more left', 'a little more right' on
several objects to get the best layout (only for me of course...) for my
musicians. Therefore I loose a big amount of time.

In my search of spending less time, I wrote a plugin to make it more
automatic especially for the placement of the rehearsal mark and other text
enlightments. I manage to place automatically rehearsal marks and
information about the piece structure (see the jpeg attached) on the left
margin, always at the same horizontal position event if there is an empty
measure or repeat sign... for all the dynamic parts and score. Here it is
for the horizontal placement.

I read on this list, it was years sooner, that Dy parameter can't be set for
"rehearsal marks". Is is the same for the text type we define ourselves ? In
my case I have the rehearsal mark to place and another type called
INDICATION STRUCTURE which is the second text sticked to the rehearsal mark.
I don't know if there is a way now (years later) to address Dy parameter for
such texts.
<http://sibelius-manuscript-plug-in-developers.3224780.n2.nabble.com/file/t394925/RH.jpg>
Tell me if You can.

Thanks.

VinCenT
<http://sibelius-manuscript-plug-in-developers.3224780.n2.nabble.com/file/t394925/13-GeorgiaOnMyMind_-_TROMPETTE.jpg>

--
Sent from: http://sibelius-manuscript-plug-in-developers.3224780.n2.nabble.com/

Re: Transposed KeySignature

Bob Zawalich-3
The Dy fields does not work, in general, for system objects (like Rehearsal
Marks). You usually cannot change the Y position for such objects in the
Inspector either.

I specifically mention that in the description of my plugin Position
Rehearsal Marks (which you are welcome to look at to see what I did for
positions such things).

**************************
Position Rehearsal Marks

Version 01.85.00
Added 02 Apr 2014 (last updated 29 May 2018)

For use with Sibelius 6, Sibelius 7.1, Sibelius 7.5, Sibelius 8.x and
Sibelius 18.x

This plugin centers Rehearsal Marks at the start of a system horizontally
over the clef.

It works in a full score, in each dynamic part of a score, or in the
currently active part in an open score. It can process a folder of scores.
Open scores are neither saved nor closed.

All bars in the score are normally processed. The selection is only used
when processing the active part or score in the current score.

The plugin does not affect the vertical position of the Rehearsal Mark; you
can adjust this by changing the Default Position settings for the Rehearsal
Mark text style, outside of the plugin.(The plugin does not have access to
these settings, and so cannot do it itself).

A PDF file explaining how the plugin is used is included in the zip file.