Ultimate won't color notes outside of selection

Ultimate won't color notes outside of selection

Thomas Weber

Hi all,

before declaring myself insane:  Has anyone else experienced the problem that Sibelius Ultimate refuses to color NoteRests outside the selection? When I have this score and this selection:

and run this script:

for each o in Sibelius.ActiveScore.NthStaff(1).NthBar(1) {
	o.ColorRed = 255;
	Trace(o.ColorRed);
}

I get this trace:

255
255
255
255
0
0

And this result:

Definitely does not happen in Sibelius 7 or 8.1. I wonder if this bug was introduced with the individual note color feature of Sibelius 8.3. Can anyone who has Sibelius 8.3 confirm that? In any case, coloring individual noteheads doesn't work outside the selection, either:

for each o in Sibelius.ActiveScore.NthStaff(1).NthBar(1) {
	if (o.Type = "NoteRest") {
		for each note in o  {
			o.ColorRed = 255;
			Trace(o.ColorRed);
	o.ColorRed = 255;
	Trace(o.ColorRed);
}

I don't know how likely it would be to get this fixed, but anyway: How can this regression be reported?

Thomas Weber

--

Notengrafik Berlin GmbH
HRB 15007

UstID: DE 289234097
Geschäftsführer:
Thomas Weber und Werner J. Wolff

fon: +49 30 220661685

Friedrichstraße 23a
10969 Berlin

notengrafik.com

Re: Ultimate won't color notes outside of selection

Bob Zawalich-3

I confirm this happens. Interestingly, you can process the notes in a bar and get all their names, but applying the color does not work on notes that are not selected. I confirm also that it worked as expected in 7.5, and not in 2018.7. I don’t have anything from 8.3 or earlier to try out, but the 8.3 change to allow individual note colorings is the place I would look first at if I had to debug this.

I have to say that I almost never process objects that are not in a selection, so I don’t tend to encounter things like this.

I have cc’ed Joe Pearson on this. Joe  - let me know if I can provide any more details.