Vertical Position of Rests

Martin Marris

As far as I can tell there is no way that ManuScript can change the vertical position of a rest?

(I suppose the reason is that a rest is just a note with no pitches; so it is not like other objects that have a Dy that can be accessed and changed.)

Re: Vertical Position of Rests

Bob Zawalich

Not so. There is a read/write RestPosition variable.

This plugin, Float Rests (Sib 7+),

http://www.sibelius.com/download/plugins/index.html?plugin=472

moves rests to avoid beams, and it deal with some, though not all, of the issues. I recall the meaning changes when there are multiple voices in a bar, and I think I just avoided such bars in that plugin.

I also think Float Rests used the Sib 7 stemweight stuff; I thing RestPosition was around in v6.

bob