Vertical line length; Dy top and bottom

Tony Vaughan
I am developing a plug-in for guitar music and want to place a vertical arrow
line to the left of a chord. I notice that a NoteRest object can have Dx and
Dy coordinates for Arpeggios by using the ArpeggioTopDy and
ArpeggioBottomDy variables but there doesn't seem to be anything similar for
straight lines, like Vertical arrow (2).

The AddLine method has a duration parameter but that only seems to work for
horizontal lines.

Is there a way to set the top and bottom of a Vertical line
programmatically?

Thank you in advance

--
Sent from: http://sibelius-manuscript-plug-in-developers.3224780.n2.nabble.com/

Re: Vertical line length; Dy top and bottom

Bob Zawalich-3
ArpeggioTopDy and ArpeggioBottomDy are properties for note-attached
arpeggios, which are properties of NoteTest objects, not separate line
objects, like vertical lines.

Line objects have (dx, dy) fields and also RhDx, RhDy  to the right hand
end.

You can look at the code in something like Add Fake Barlines To Bars for an
example of setting the Dy values for vertical lines.

Re: Vertical line length; Dy top and bottom

Tony Vaughan
Hi Bob

Where can I find the "Add Fake Barlines To Bars" plug-in.

Sorry, I'm new to all this with Sibelius and am not sure where to look.

Tony

--
Sent from: http://sibelius-manuscript-plug-in-developers.3224780.n2.nabble.com/

Re: Vertical line length; Dy top and bottom

Bob Zawalich
To find a downloadable plugin look at the list of plugins that Philip Rothman
maintains at https://www.nycmusicservices.com/musicresources/. You can
search by name (or even fragments of a name) and it will tell you the
category, which you need to use the installer.

I have a generic writeup for using and installing plugins at
http://www.bobzawalich.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/Using-plugins-In-Sibelius.pdf.

--
Sent from: http://sibelius-manuscript-plug-in-developers.3224780.n2.nabble.com/

Re: Vertical line length; Dy top and bottom

Tony Vaughan
Hi Bob

Thank you that advice. The Add Fake Barlines To Bars plugin was exactly what
I needed to understand RhDy and I now have up and down vertical arrows
behaving as I wanted.

In doing this I found a weird bit of behaviour in the lines editor. I'll
report that in the main forum as I think it is useful to all users.

Thanks again

Tony

--
Sent from: http://sibelius-manuscript-plug-in-developers.3224780.n2.nabble.com/