installing plugins in Sibelius Ultimate 2018

installing plugins in Sibelius Ultimate 2018

jsp28
Hi,

I wondered if anybody might know where I should put plugins, downloaded
online, the Sibelius file structure into order to integrate them into the
program? I have Sibelius Ultimate 2018 on Windows 7.

I tried Program Files/Avid/Sibelius/Plugins, having made the Plugins folder
myself, but that didn't seem to work.

I am quite new to Sibelius, but have just started working as IT support for
an orchestra. I used to be a java programmer and bioinformatician, so I am
keen to start learning about ManuScript coding, but am finding the
documentation a bit sparse. I'd be really grateful for some tips.

Thanks,

Jen

--
Sent from: http://sibelius-manuscript-plug-in-developers.3224780.n2.nabble.com/

Re: installing plugins in Sibelius Ultimate 2018

Bob Zawalich-3
You should use the built-in plugin installer in (File>Plug-ins>Install
Plug-ins) Sibelius 7 and later rather than manually installing them, if the
plugins are on the Sibelius Plugin Download Page.

There is a general description of how to install plugins at
http://www.bobzawalich.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/Using-plugins-In-Sibel
ius-Ultimate.pdf

If your plugins come from some other source, the installer is unavailable.
The above document also describes how to install plugins manually.

Please note that in Sib 2018.x and later, there is a bug where shortcuts to
plugins can get corrupted if you add or delete plugin files outside of using
the plugin installer or Edit Plugin menu. This can be easily worked around
by going to File > Preferences>Keyboard Shortcuts and just clicking on OK.
(Apparently Sib has the data it needs for the shortcuts but it is dependent
on the order of files that are loaded from the plugin folders, and they can
get out of sync).

The ManuScript Reference is available at File>Plug-ins as well. It is by far
the best source of information on writing plug-ins.

ManuScript is a very quirky language. You can look at any plugin source code
in the plugin editor and get an idea of how things work. Be aware that
plugin code is copyrighted unless otherwise noted, and you would need
permission from the plugin author to modify and distribute any existing
plugins.

These plugins, all written by me, and available on the plugin download page,
have been explicitly made public domain and may be modified at will without
attribution:

MinimumPlugin
MinimumPluginMultiScores.
RunPluginOnFolderOfScores
DyFromNote
ShowBarnumMinimal
TraceDuplicateBarNumbers
ShowHideInstrumentNames
ImportDocLayoutStyle
FindEditedShippingPlugins
SimplifyPartNames

Also, the custom Filter/Find plugins are designed to be easily modified, and
might be a good place to start looking. They are intended to be
self-documenting.

Custom Filter
Custom Find
Custom Note Filter
Custom System Filter

Re: installing plugins in Sibelius Ultimate 2018

jsp28
Hi Bob,

Thanks so much for explaining all of that. That gives me a lot to
start thinking about. I'll have a go. :-)

Best wishes,

Jennifer